Systems, to control logistics operations, e-commerce or marketing campaigns. Together with beautiful design and hardware. Focused on Large Scale and UX.
If you are browsing a company or a professional to develop a site, online system or app, there are some things that you should take into consideration:
1) Trust is important because some of the work won’t be tangible, so you need to know if the professional is really working. Commitment and respect to deadlines are very important too.
2) Browse the previous work and their own site. If you like it, it is a good hint. Check if they use daily backups and a link for testing.
3) Ask what technologies they use and why is it faster. Don’t hire a company that is using old tools, your system needs to be using the latest in technologies. Use a technology that is widely adopted with a lot with tutorials, online community and professionals.
4) Ownership of the code: decide if you want to own the code or not to worry about it.
5) Don’t worry too much about people stealing your idea. It may occur, it is life. Try protecting if you can but you will not be 100% safe. This is also why number 1 is important too: have someone you trust.
6) You will need a marketing campaign. You don’t want to build a product and have no clients. So your company needs to know SEO and spread the word about your product online.
7) Have the basics to start with. Build something simple to test the market and to show to people before investing too much on a system. Test the market! Your assumptions may be completed wrong and you will need to update, pivot many times.
8) If you will make an app, native will give you best quality but you can embed some web content too.
9) You will need to make a lot of adjustments, tests and corrections so have this stated on the contract and build a solid relationship with the developers. Be calm and try to plan ahead, don’t expect changes fast, it takes some time to rebuild the logic of the system.
10) In case you have trouble with the developer or company, state how the contract can be transferred to another company.
This is the project we were looking for.
When they say: “It will be ready, it really will be. These guys are into it!”
Very proactive! Great review from the students!
It makes the learning really fast and fun.